A simple but effective C# map control. The current implementation uses OpenStreetMap (via the tile server) as its data source, and requires Windows.Forms.
It can be used under .NET or Mono.
See http://ciarang.com/posts/csharp-map-control for the background to this project.
- Presents a scrollable (by dragging) and zoomable map, using OpenStreetMap data from their tileserver.
- Selects an appropriate set of tiles for the current zoom level.
- Asynchronously loads and caches (in memory only, for now) tiles, updating the display as new ones are retrieved.
- Allows markers to be overlaid at specified lat/lon positions.
- Raises events to notify the client of map movements made by the user, and clicks at lat/lon positions